Integrity Can Examine Your Tampa Bay Home’s Water For Potential Health Threats
Did you know that the Centers for Disease Control has identified life-threatening illnesses one can get from drinking compromised well water?
More than 15 million people get their water from wells. While many will attest to the better taste and increased healthiness of the water, there are numerous ways to get sick drinking well water if you are exposed to the following bacterial contaminants.
- Giardia: A bacteria that comes from feces, giardia can cause people intense gastrointestinal illness.
- Campylobacter: This bacteria comes from raw or undercooked meat. It also causes gastric illness.
- E-Coli: Most of us have heard of this one thanks to product recalls. E-coli causes stomach issues that can be long lasting. For those with health issues, it could be fatal.
- Shigella: Another bacteria born from waste, shigella causes bloody stool and diarrhea.
- Salmonella: Typically related to food poisoning, having this in your water will also cause intestinal disease.
- Cryptosporidium: While not a bacteria, this parasite causes intestinal illness and can also infect animals.
- Hepatitis A: Hepatitis A is actually a virus, but it can be transmitted in tainted water. It causes liver disease if you haven’t been vaccinated against it.
Protect Your Family’s Health with Bacteria Testing
If your family includes a small child, a pregnant woman or a person with a suppressed immune system, such as someone fighting cancer, these bacteria can cause more than uncomfortable stomach issues. Bacteria found in your water can actually cause neurological damage as well as damage to reproductive organs. Some bacterial illnesses can even result in death.
Call Integrity Home Solutions at 813-575-7772 today for your bacteria testing. Remember, you could be saving the life of a family member or guest by eliminating these elements from your well water.