For most people, a home is the single most important investment that will ever be made in a lifetime. Part of preserving and even growing that investment involves keeping its most important features well-maintained.
An investment in an AC maintenance plan will ensure that your air conditioner is always available when you need it, without the risk of preventable issues causing costly and significant damage. AC maintenance is an investment that will provide you with benefits in both the short and long term.
If you haven’t had AC maintenance in some time or if you need help scheduling maintenance for a new system or a home that you’ve just moved into, we can help. Integrity Home Solutions has more than 40 years of experience in air conditioning and general home maintenance including plumbing and electrical services. We’re trusted locals ready to deliver a service that can save you money.
Air Conditioner Maintenance Ensures Efficiency
Like every major mechanical or electrical device, an air conditioner has specific operating requirements that ensure it is working at its peak potential. Problems like dust and debris in the ducts, clogged filters, and unmaintained components all force the air conditioner to work outside of its normal parameters.
When this happens, an air conditioner has to work harder to move the same amount of air as normal. Your system will end up using more energy to keep your home at the temperature that you set on your thermostat.
This adds to your monthly energy bill which can create a significant cost over time. If you want to spend less on keeping your home comfortable, then an AC maintenance plan is an absolute necessity.
Consider some of the ways that your air conditioner loses efficiency without maintenance:
- Cleaning or replacing a clogged filter can reduce the energy consumption of your air conditioner by 5 to 15%, depending on how bad the blockage is.
- Bent fins on evaporator and condenser coils block airflow and reduce efficiency. A professional can use a specialized tool to return the fins to their normal position.
- Condenser coils within outdoor units can become dirty over time. Dust and organic debris will reduce airflow and compromise efficiency. Keep the outdoor unit clear with a 2-ft. perimeter to ensure adequate airflow. Professional inspection and cleaning as part of an AC maintenance service can remove embedded debris from within the outdoor unit.
A highly trained air conditioning and home maintenance technician will know exactly what to look for to keep your AC unit perfectly maintained and running at its most efficient. All you need to do is book a maintenance technician and enjoy the immediate and long-term savings that come.
Maintenance Extends the Lifetime of Your Air Conditioner
Whether considering a window unit, a split-type air conditioner, or a centralized system, maintenance can extend the life of your air conditioner. Regular inspection and maintenance will identify components that are running inefficiently or that are approaching the end of life. These components can be replaced or repaired by the contractor to ensure that everything runs at peak efficiency.
Catching problems early prevents hefty repair bills.
Many homeowners look at professional services like air conditioner maintenance as an additional cost on top of home maintenance. The reality is that maintenance saves money when looking at things over a longer period. It’s more of an investment.
Even knowing this, you might be left wondering: when and what should I do for maintenance? Aside from cleaning user-accessible vents and filters, most of your air conditioning system isn’t user-serviceable without a significant amount of experience. This is where the professionals come in.
How Often Do You Need Air Conditioner Maintenance?
We’ve described how an air conditioner loses efficiency over time if it isn’t maintained. We’ve also explored how maintenance can keep parts working so that your air conditioner is protected from unexpected and sudden failures.
The key question remains. How often do you need air conditioner maintenance?
The answer to this, as with many areas of home maintenance, is that it depends…
- The average home will require an inspection and general air conditioner maintenance service at least every year (this is considered the bare minimum). This will ensure that the unit and all its components are clean, functional, and in good condition to provide more years of trouble-free operation.
- If you live someplace where there are excessive levels of dust, then you will need a maintenance service for your air conditioner every six months. Examples include a new development where construction is ongoing or an area that is particularly dry due to a lack of natural foliage and lawns. If your home is on a particularly busy road, then vehicle pollutants could work their way into your outdoor unit.
- If you run your air conditioner often, then two service visits per year are recommended. South Florida gets seriously hot and living without an air conditioner can be a miserable experience. Many homes operate with the AC blowing throughout most of the day and evening. Air conditioners see more use than temperate regions, so the stress on components is higher.
The best way to determine the right schedule in your unique case is to talk to an expert today. At Integrity Home Solutions we offer free estimates and would be happy to provide a consultation to develop the best plan moving forward.
Keep Things Simple with a Home Maintenance Plan
Integrity Home Solutions has provided reliable home maintenance and air conditioner services to homeowners for more than 40 years. We understand that people want to keep things simple, and worrying about when, how, and where to get air conditioner maintenance is an extra bother on top of a busy lifestyle.
With Integrated Home Services Home Care Maintenance Plan, you can enjoy whole-house protection at a reasonable yearly rate (contact us to learn more).
That’s all your most essential home maintenance services taken care of with one simple, convenient, and affordable plan.
Protect the value of your home, increase system longevity and efficiency, have confidence in a safe home, and enjoy cool air whenever you want it. Contact Integrity Home Solutions for the most experienced AC and home maintenance technicians in South Florida. We’re ready for your call for scheduling or more information at (813)-565-1416.
META: Keep your air conditioner running efficiently with the best maintenance professionals in South Florida. Learn about your AC maintenance plan with Integrity Home Solutions and save on repair costs.