Professional AC Dehumidifier Services in Tampa Bay
Florida may be known for its sunshine and beaches, but for those who live here, we also know that humidity can be a major problem. Excess humidity is not only stifling, but it can damage your home.
Integrity Home Solutions can help! We offer whole home dehumidifier installations that can help remove the sticky humidity in your home, keeping you safe and comfortable. As your indoor air quality contractors, we have the expertise needed to make significant changes to the air you breathe in your home, making it safer for you and your family.
A dehumidifier in an air conditioner accomplishes one primary task: removing the excess moisture in your home. Although, a dehumidifier also helps with:
- Reducing allergens
- Reducing pest problems
- Reducing your energy consumption
The main reason homeowners get a dehumidifier is to increase the comfort level of their home. While that is important, there are additional advantages to getting a dehumidifier in your home such as the reasons listed above. Contact us today to learn more about getting a dehumidifier for your home.
It is typically cheaper to run a dehumidifier over an AC, since most dehumidifiers consume 1/10th of the energy that AC units do. Although, the price to run an AC unit or a dehumidifier also relies directly on the type of model and how energy efficient it is. It can also be useful to use a dehumidifier with a standard AC unit to save on your energy bill, as the AC unit would have to use less energy overall. If you are thinking about getting a dehumidifier, contact us today.
Yes, you can run a dehumidifier and an air conditioner at the same time. It is not required to run a dehumidifier at the same time as an air conditioner, although, running a dehumidifier and air conditioner at the same time helps take some of the work off of your air conditioner. With the dehumidifier taking away the excess moisture, there is less stress on your air conditioner to function at its highest capacity. To get a dehumidifier, give us a call today.
How Does An AC Dehumidifier Work?
A dehumidifier works in conjunction with your AC unit to measure and limit the amount of moisture in the air. Using something similar to a thermostat, it gauges the humidity levels in the air. If levels rise to a certain point, the humidifier kicks on and helps to remove excess moisture.
4 Signs There Is Excess Humidity In Your Home
If there’s excess moisture in your home, there’s a high chance you already know it. However, if you are looking for some additional signs, a few to look for include:
- Stuffy Conditions: Humidity is uncomfortable because it makes homes stuffy. Imagine if your furniture, clothing and just about any other surface in your home had a film of moisture on them. This can make anyone uncomfortable, especially during the hot Tampa Bay summer months.
- Respiratory Issues: Excess moisture can go beyond a matter of comfort and directly affect your health. Excess humidity is commonly known to cause respiratory issues including congestion, allergy flare-ups and more.
- Water Damage: The excess water in the air is eventually converting into surface water, which can easily cause damage to your baseboards, walls and ceilings. Too much moisture can even deteriorate wood in your home leading to significant repair costs if left unchecked.
- Mold Growth: The most serious of all humidity issues is mold growth. Black mold is deadly and can quickly grow when conditions are moist and warm. If you see any mold growing around baseboards or on walls, call for immediate help.
We are your indoor air quality contractors and we can help control the moisture in your home with expert dehumidifier installation services. Once an AC dehumidifier is in place, you will quickly see a significant improvement in the environment of your home.
Control the moisture in your home with dehumidifier installation from Integrity Home Solutions. Call 813-575-7772 and let our technicians help you with all your indoor air quality concerns.