Integrity Home Solutions Will Fix Your Disposal Today
Garbage disposals assist in keeping food waste out of landfills, which is great for the environment. Whether your garbage disposal is clogged, leaking or simply not working, we are here to help! Integrity Home Solutions is on call in the Tampa Bay area 24/7 to provide you with professional garbage disposal troubleshooting and repair.
If your garbage disposal is humming, but not working, that generally means that your disposal’s flywheel is stuck. If that is the case, typically your disposal will trip. If it hasn't tripped, you should not continue to run your garbage disposal. The motor will eventually die if it continues to try to operate when something is lodged in the system. To get your garbage disposal repaired, give Integrity Home Solutions a call .
A few reasons your garbage disposal has suddenly stopped working are:
If you do not suspect a clog, then you should start by checking your circuit board to see if something has tripped. If you check for a clog and check the power source and it is still not working, it is most likely the motor that has failed. Call us today to have your garbage disposal repaired.
A few ways to know if your garbage disposal is bad are:
- It makes odd sounds
- You have to continually reset it
- There is a leak or smell
- It can’t turn on
If you discover any of these issues with your garbage disposal, it is most likely close to failure, if not already broken. If you are experiencing issues with your garbage disposal and need it repaired or replaced, give us a call today.
A few ways you can try to fix a garbage disposal when it won’t turn on are:
If your garbage disposal still won’t turn on, you should check to see if the wires to the garbage disposal’s switch are loose. If there is no issue with the wiring, then it might be an issue with the switch itself. To get your garbage disposal repaired, contact us today.
Have Your Garbage Disposal In Good Working Order
To prevent kitchen drain clogs or backups, it is vital that the garbage disposal’s plumbing is in good working order. Garbage disposals are commonly damaged if non-food objects including silverware, straws, sponges or other items end up in the appliance. Food items like grease, bones or even highly fibrous foods like celery also commonly cause disposal clogs.
Get your garbage disposal fixed by reputable professionals! Our team is known throughout Tampa Bay for fast, affordable service. Call us 24-hours a day for garbage disposal repair!
Common Garbage Disposal Issues
Need a garbage disposal fix? Here are some common garbage disposal issues and how to help fix them. Our plumbing professionals are on call if you need a hand to fix!
- The garbage disposal is not powering on. Check for power issues, along with tripped circuit breakers. This happens commonly after storms and power outages. Try the red reset button on the bottom of your system. The disposal has overheated if it is popped out. If you have power but there is no sound, then your motor is probably dead.
- There is a jam. First, never use your hand to clear a jam in the disposal! If you want to try to DIY it, you can check for a hole under the motor of your disposal. Next grab a socket wrench and rotate the masher plate; that works to clear most jams. If you need professional help, our Tampa plumbing specialists are always here to answer your call!
- A clog in the garbage disposal drain. First, turn off the power at the fuse box, then disassemble the trap and clear the clog with a drain snake. After you have reassembled the disposal, run the water to ensure the clog has been cleared. Want help? Call our plumbing experts!
- There is excessive noise when running the garbage disposal. Noises from your disposal may be from broken flyweights, loose mounting screws or worn lugs or blades. If you hear noises, it should be addressed right away before loose screws can cause water to leak into the motor and bearings.
- The garbage disposal is leaking. This usually indicates a loose sink flange or rubber gasket in needs of replacement. Unfortunately, if the leak is coming from the disposal body, it will have to be replaced.
The earlier you call our team, the better your disposal can avoid major damage. If you want to avoid all the troubleshooting and weekend runs to the store for parts, then contact one of our plumbing specialists and we will address your garbage disposal needs with reliable, expert service.
Call Integrity Home Solutions For Your Disposal Repair Needs
Garbage disposals are an important part of helping your home run smoothly. But jammed or clogged disposals can quickly become a massive plumbing problem. Integrity Home Solutions plumbing professionals are on call 24/7 to provide garbage disposal repair. Our experts also offer commercial garbage disposal repair services throughout the Tampa Bay area. Call 813-575-7772 today!