5 Signs You May Be Dealing With a Gas Line Leak
Gas leaks can be a dangerous situation if left unrepaired, which is why it’s important to know the warning signs. They include:
- FOUL SMELLS: Natural gas has a particular odor, similar to rotten eggs or sulfur, that can be the first indication you have a gas leak. Anytime there is any strange odor, particularly close to your natural gas appliances like ovens or furnaces, call for help immediately.
- HISSING OR WHISTLING NOISE: Gas lines are pressurized, which is why they may make strange noises if punctured or damaged in any way. These sounds can range from hissing, like air being let out of a balloon, or whistling.
- DEAD PLANTS: If you notice that the landscaping around your home, or indoor plants, are wilting or dying, a leaky gas line may be to blame. The gas can be poisonous to plant life, causing immediate effects.
- APPLIANCES WON’T WORK: Got a gas stove? Looking for heat in the winter? Any time your gas appliances are failing to work, stop what you’re doing and get immediate help. This is particularly important for stoves, that may require a spark to light.
- HEALTH CONCERNS: Gas line leak detection is so important because more often than not, gas leaks are a silent killer. If you’re noticing your lightheaded, nauseous, or dizzy, seek immediate shelter outside of your home and call for help.
- Integrity Home Solutions is available 24/7 for emergency plumbing services and can get to work providing gas pipe repair services quickly. We use the latest gas line detection methods to pinpoint potential gas leaks and fix them before any damage is done to your home or health.
WHY WORK WITH A GAS LINE CONTRACTOR
More homeowners than ever before are trying DIY approaches to the various project in their home. While it works for some things, for others, like gas lines, it won’t. Working with a gas line contractor is the perfect opportunity to upgrade your home, conveniently and efficiently. Some projects include:
- GAS PIPE REPLACEMENT: If your old gas lines aren’t keeping up with the demands of your home, take the time and replace them, for more efficient and convenient functionality.
- GAS LINE INSTALLATION: Want a natural gas grill in your home? Looking for a way to heat your pool or hot tub? Installing new gas lines to your home is a great way to add new fixtures and comfort to your home.
- HOME ASSESSMENT: Are you selling your home, or looking to get it appraised? Gas line leak detection may be needed to pass safety inspections, and having a gas line contractor to call will streamline the process.
- Regardless of your project or need, Integrity Home Solutions is here to help. With over 20 years of combined plumbing experience in and around Tampa Bay, we have the know-how to keep your home safe and efficient.