Important Maintenance For Every Homeowner Near Tampa Bay
Most often when you think about HVAC maintenance you probably only think about changing the air filters. Air filters can be very obvious when it is time to replace them as they have become covered in dirt and dust. But have you ever thought about cleaning your air ducts? Most likely you have not because it may not be as noticeable or as easy to do yourself.
Why Should I Clean My Air Ducts?
Cleaning your air ducts is an important way to improve your home’s indoor air quality. Over time mold, dust, pollen, bacteria and other particles accumulate in your ducts. These then will circulate through your home’s air supply as you use your HVAC system and it can affect your overall health.
Having your air ducts professionally cleaned will reduce the amount of dust in your home,
make for a cleaner living space and help reduce allergy symptoms. Clean air ducts will also improve the overall smell of your home, as unpleasant orders such as mold, pet dander, cleaning agents, paint fumes and tobacco will be eliminated.
When Should I Clean My Air Ducts?
It is recommended to clean your air ducts every 3 to 5 years. But every home environment and family situation is different.
When is it time then to have your ducts cleaned? Here are some things to notice around your home as signs that cleaning maintenance is needed:
- You live in an older home. (South Tampa and Seminole Heights we’re looking at you especially!)
- You have pets.
- You recently had a home renovation.
- You have seen mold growth.
- You have an infestation of rodents or insects (they can spread disease and illness through the air ducts).
- Someone smokes in the home.
- A resident has allergies or respiratory issues like asthma.
- Increased and visible dust around your home surfaces.
If you are still unsure if it is time to clean your air ducts, at Integrity Home Solutions our experts are trained to inspect and know the true condition of your air ducts. Call our Tampa AC experts today!
Ways To Protect Your Air Ducts Between Cleanings
After your air ducts have been professionally cleaned there are some simple home maintenance things you can do to keep them clean longer.
- Change your air filters regularly (we can notify you via email).
- Use the best manufacturer recommended air filter for your HVAC system.
- Regularly dust and vacuum your home.
- Have regular HVAC inspections.
- Make sure air is going through the filter and not escaping through gaps or cracks.
- Regularly clean out drain pans and cooling coils.
Your Keep It Clean Experts
Having quality indoor air is imperative, especially now. Make sure you keep your air ducts clean and fresh – they deserve the same attention you give to your air filters. If it has been more than three years since your homes’ air ducts were last cleaned or you have been experiencing any of the above issues, pick up the phone and call the trained technicians at Integrity Home Solutions.
Homeowners throughout Tampa Bay choose us for reliable, affordable service. Give us a call and we can usually have a pro out within 24 hours. If you need air duct cleaning service, call 813-575-7772 today! Integrity Home Solutions offers quality you can trust when you need it most.