Integrity Will Break Down Your Clog in Tampa Bay
Water not draining properly? Unexplainable foul odor? The solution to these issues could be as simple as cleaning out your drains! But don’t wait. A stubborn odor or clog can quickly turn any drain into a nuisance. It could also be a sign of a much bigger sewer line problem just waiting to happen.
DIY Tips To Improve Your Drain From Integrity Home Solutions
Our Tampa Bay plumbing experts offer helpful tips on how to effectively clean your drains to prevent odors and clogs from occurring in the first place.
Foul odors coming from a drain typically stem from buildup of bacteria, grease and organic residue in the drain. Yuck!
Fortunately, there are easy DIY solutions that can help this problem.
- Treat the drain with white vinegar, baking soda and hot water. Pour ½ cup baking soda down the drain, followed by ½ cup white vinegar. Plug the drain immediately and let the mixture sit for 15 minutes. Follow by pouring boiling water down the drain.
- Use a biological cleaner such as Zep or Citra-Drain. Both are environmentally friendly and safer (key if you have a septic system) than most chemical cleaners.
- Remove stinky kitchen odors with ice, salt and lemon peels. Fill your garbage disposal with a few cups of ice, a handful of course salt and some lemon peels. Run the disposal for about a minute or two to allow the mixture to remove any buildup.
Tried it and the smell is still lingering? Don’t wait: call Integrity Home Solutions today to check your plumbing and see if we can get to the root of the issue.
A clogged drain can lead to bigger issues, so it’s best to stay on top of the problem. These DIY removal methods should temporarily do the trick.
- Use a plunger. While plungers are great for unclogging toilets, they also work well on clogged sinks and tubs. Just fill the sink or tub with enough water to cover the drain and bottom. Press the plunger firmly down over the drain to create a tight seal and give it a few quick pumps.
- Use a barbed plastic drain cleaning tool. Products like Zip-It Bath and Sink Hair Snare are great solutions to clear clogs near the drain opening. Just slide the tool into the drain to catch buildup and gently pull the tool out.
- Use a heating pad to melt grease clogs. Just wrap a heating pad around the trap pipe under the sink, turn on the heating pad to warm up the pipe, then run hot water through the drain until the grease clears. Genius.
- Use biological cleaners. For slow or partially-clogged drains, use an enzymatic or bacterial drain cleaner overnight.
- Use a plumber’s snake. For deep clogs that are difficult to reach, a cable auger or plumber’s snake may be the way to go. Both can be purchased or rented from your local hardware store.
When DIY Fails, Call Integrity
When you need a long-lasting solution to your clogged plumbing, hydro jetting from Integrity Home Solutions is by far the best option!
Here’s the thing: the difficulties with your drains may be caused by fats, oils and grease buildup. Over time, this will obstruct and then cause a clog. Our Tampa Bay plumbing professionals use a natural, safe product called BioOne to clear the drains and protect your plumbing and septic systems.
We chose it because the BioOne Hungry Bacteria works immediately to break down fat, oil, grease and organic waste build-up (including hair) through what’s called natural biological digestion. This technology is not only easy-to-use, but it’s affordable and safe for pipes, septic systems and the environment. Homeowners and businesses appreciate that it’s free from harmful chemicals, and contains no added enzymes, surfactants, or emulsifiers.
At Integrity Home Solutions, our hydro jetting process uses BioOne with highly pressurized water to effectively and permanently wipe your pipes clean. Call us for completely safe, long-lasting drain clearing results!
Clear Clogged Drains With Integrity Today
Integrity Home Solutions can permanently clear clogged drains! Our Tampa Bay plumbing contractors can provide you with the best drain clearing solutions for your home. Depending on the severity and location of the clog, hydro jetting may be the perfect fix for your plumbing system. Call 813-575-7772 today to have our expert team take a look!